1. Acupressure: There is a line of points on the upper back where the neck and shoulders meet that can help relieve asthma. Large intestine 4 between the thumb and first finger towards the wrist from the web, is good for anything going on in the head and face, so it’s good for allergies as well. Holding the three points in a triangle at the inner eyebrows and third eye can help relieve allergies too.
Massaging around the elbow and hands and upper chest and upper back will help. In reflexology the lung reference areas are the pads of the feet. You can massage that area regularly and use the eraser end of a pencil to push into area of tenderness on the feet for a whole body tune up. The Kidney area in the center of the bottom of the foot is also related to asthma.
2. Breathing technique: My understanding of the Buteyko method in short: breathe out and hold your breath out as long as you can. This is helpful if you find yourself in a situation where you have asthma and no rescue inhaler. It is said to be good to build endurance by practicing holding the out breath to improve your condition overall. Holding your breath out can be hard to do when you have an acute asthma attack. You can also breathe using very tiny “bunny breaths”, meaning you hardly breathe all as if you were a bunny hiding from a predator.
These methods of breathing can change your carbon dioxide chemistry and help in an emergency.
We can help prevent asthma and repair the body with acupuncture, herbs, and nutrition, but if you have chronic asthma, even if you rarely have an attack, it is good to carry a rescue albuterol inhaler, and know these exercises and points.
In general, a paleolithic, hunter gatherer diet, is a good choice for people with asthma. I recommend organic foods as well to avoid the many pesticides and genetically modified organisms. Animals who are well treated is also an important choice in my opinion for the health of the animal and all of the people.
Emotional Freedom Technique ( EFT or Tapping ) is very helpful for quelling anxiety. I will add a diagram or a video showing you what points to use as soon as I can, but in the meantime and if you’re in public you can:
1. Tap on the side of your hand with your fingers of the other hand held together. Tap under your clavicle. Those are areas that other people won’t find too distracting for a short time.
2. Hold your left pinky and ring fingers with your right hand.
3. Hold points near the inner eyes or the inside of the eyebrows where there is a little depression with the thumb and ring fingers while the first finger creates a triangle by holding the point in the area of the “third eye” which is center and a bit above the inner eyebrows.
4. Widen your vision and your hearing becoming like an animal in nature with peripheral vision and relax.
5. Bow to your thoughts in your mind’s eye or see the thoughts as clouds and your awareness as the sky.
6. Stand (with bare feet if possible), sit or lie on the ground.
7. Let your energy sink down into your lower body. You can breathe in and picture a golden ball of light coming into your abdomen and when you breathe out picture that golden ball coming up to your heart and keep breathing that way with the golden ball down when you breathe in and coming up to your heart when you breathe out. Picture also that soft is coming in through the top of your head bringing lightness in peace. You can picture sparkles or gold or silver or any beautiful color that feels healing to you. You can feel the Earth’s energy below you supporting you and notice it’s color and you can picture the light coming from Heaven, with you in between being supported.
8. Notice where there’s a place in your body that is free of pain and free of anxiety, feels good or at least feels neutral and allow that to spread to the rest of your body.
9. Picture your lower back getting warmer and warmer and providing nourishing to your brain and your bones.
10. Massage your ears, good for everything.
Moxa is especially great on stomach 36 which you can see in the picture on the homepage showing the moxibustion.When you’re using Moxa stick instead of direct moxa, which Is what I recommend you do at home, you light the moxa stick as if it’s a cigar and once it’s burning nicely like an ember,you hold it close to the point. When it gets warm you take it away and then you come back again, so you repeatedly warm the same point until you feel done or it feels immediately warm as soon as you come close to it. You’ll be holding the burning end of the moxa stick about an inch away or so. you don’t want it to be too hot but you want to be able to file.you may need to have ventilation because I’m oxidant can get pretty smoky.I don’t like the charcoal matzo sticks because I’ve heard they’re toxic and I’d rather use the good moxa smoke which likely has some healing properties.but it is not too great to have your whole house filled with smoke.
When you’re done you put the moxa stick into a jar with salt or sand to snuff it out. Other good points for the Lissa not include large intestine for which you can see on the section with tips for energy, but this one you might not always use so be sure I’ve told you it would be good, and you can also use your section below your belly button going down to the top of your pubic bone in the front of your body there’s a whole line of points below between the belly button in the top of the pubic bone that are really great for mocks if you need energy, and the same goes for the low back if you trace a line between your belly button in the center of your spine that point in the back call the gate of life is really good for moxa and then you can spread out I am making triangle from the gate of life point out a few inches and then down your whole lower back pain down making a triangle into your sacrum you can warm up that Area if I have given you the go ahead for that. It’s also possible that the inside of your ankle will be a good place for moxa, but check with me thanks.